Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day Sixty-Seven- 3/8/11 Shrove Tuesday Pancake Extravaganza

Day Sixty-Seven: 3/8/11
New Thing: Shrove Tuesday Pancake Extravaganza    
Inspiration: Shrove Tuesday   
Cost: $0 (+ an good will offering)   
Time: One Hour       
Bottom Line: I put the "fat" in "Fat Tuesday"!

Ours looked even better these these!
Reflection: Today is Shrove Tuesday--the last day before the beginning of Lent. It is a tradition to eat pancakes on this day in an attempt to use up all the lard, butter, and sugar in the house before we enter the season of self-denial.  Thankfully, I belong to a church which takes its pancakes very seriously.

However, this year Trinity out did itself. We had buckwheat pancakes, Mo. Laura's famous sourdough pancakes, and gluten-free pancakes (a new one for me.) There were both veg. sausage and regular sausage and to top it all off--a gallon of REAL Vermont maple syrup with melted butter in it. This is apparently and Yankee tradition, and I was so happy to be introduced to it. Yumm!!

Now the fast begins..... 

1 comment: