Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 2 1/2/13- Gratitude Jar

Day 2 1/1/13- Gratitude Jar  
New Thing: 
Making a 2013 Gratitude Jar 
Inspiration: The New Year
Time: About 30 sec.                                     
Bottom Line: Love an Attitude of Gratitude!

Reflection: As I mentioned yesterday, it is my prayer that this year will be one rooted in gratitude, peace and joy. Well, here is one little way that will help to keep that spirit alive. I took a beautiful little jar that one of my younger parishioners made for me at our Hearty Eucharist at Thanksgiving and will be filling it all year with moments that inspire a grateful heart in my life. Then at the end of the year, I will read them all and reflect on all those moments, big and small, when God's love was evident.
The first moment of gratitude:
"I am so very grateful to all the people who have sent cards, prayers and love to our family in the wake of Bill's death. It is humbling to see how strong that blanket of support truly is."

No comments:

Post a Comment