2013- Let's Roll!
Welcome back everyone to the 365 Alive blog!! I started this blog in 2011 to document my then New Year's Resolution. That year I had the idea to do something different or new every single day. It was an
exercise in living in the moment and seeing God in all things. I have to say that it truly changed my life for that year. Every day brought forward some new vision or opportunity to learn and grow. I loved it! You might think that this experiment was difficult, but, honestly, the hardest part was taking he time to blog ever day.
So, in 2012 it was my hope that I would keep up the good work and continue to try new things without the daily commitment to the blog. While I did try alot of cool new things, without the blog, I really lost steam. It
seems this is a big part of my accountability. But perhaps that is how
it should be. Since one of the greatest lessons I learned in 2011 was how great a coloud of witness and loved ones I am blessed to have in my life; why shouldn't I be striving to stay connected and open my life up to you all?
On top of the lack of commitment to this endeavor in 2012, we had alot of emotional upheaval all year. There were, of course, countless joys--but there was a pall cast over much of it when we learned about my father-in-law's terminal brain cancer in June. The cancer took Bill on the morning of Christmas Eve and we are still very much mourning his loss.
Thus, I am renewing my resolution in 2013 to try something new every day--a resolution to live this gift of life which comes from God to its fullest. I crave your prayers, support and suggestions. I am up for almost anything and love to have partners-in-crime for this!
Now, some of
these things may be very small, taking no more then a few minuets. Conversely,
some maybe all day events. I will try to blog every day, but some of the events
may take me away from a computer, so you will just have to wait patiently until
I can update. I am going to try to have these events cost no more then $20 a
piece. At least once a month, I will be doing something for the environment as a form of eco. stewardship. At least one day a week (typically Fridays) will be dedicated to a
spiritual practice. I have discovered in this last year that "Keeping a Sabbath Holy" seems to be my favorite commandment to break.
Thanks for joining me, and I would love to have any
feedback or ideas that you might have.

Glad you're back to it!! I was so sad to hear of Bill's passing. Keeping all of you in my prayers. Blessings on your New Year :)
ReplyDelete