New Thing- Make my own ginger, mint honey tea and use a new App.
Inspiration: National Hot Tea Month
Time: About 20 mins.
Bottom Line: Tasty and warm on a cold winters night.
Reflection: January is National Hot Tea Month! As you may know, I love hot decaffeinated lose-leaf tea (and if you didn't know, now you do ;) But I have never made my own tea from my own herbs. So, I deiced to try out a new app. called "Snapguide" (which has tons of free tutorials at your finger-tips) to find a tea recipe. I found a delicious fresh ginger, mint & honey tea which was both delicious and healthy. Enjoy!
- Heat up your water as you slice up a little piece of fresh ginger into thin sections.
- Taking a larger piece of ginger, make some slices into it without cutting it all the way through and crush it with you knife so the juice comes out.
- Put some mint leaves and smaller ginger slices into the water as it boils and some into your mug. (I used dried organic mint from my garden). Let it simmer for 10 minuets.
- Then put smaller pieces of ginger into your mug.
- Let it steep for a bit and then add honey to taste.

No comments:
Post a Comment