Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 4 1/4/13- New Hairstyle & Photo App.

Day 4 1/4/13 - New Hairstyle & Photo App.
New Thing- Trying out the hairstyle that I call "The Ali" or "The Flapper" 
Inspiration: Ali
Time: About 10 mins of frustration until I figured it out.
Bottom Line: 1920's stylin'

I was going with an old-timey look since the hair-style make me look like a flapper. 

Back View
Reflection: One of the things that I am determined to do more of this year is trying new things with my hair which I normally just leave in the "up" or "down" position. (That being said, you may remember 2 year ago when I tried to learn how to french braid my hair and it did NOT work (you can find that post here).--side note: if you do actually remember that, you have a freakishly good memory.-- Consequently, I would love to have a lesson if anyone would like to teach me since a proper lesson would be new to me.)

I first saw today's hairstyle adorning the crown of my little sis, Ali. She assured me that this would be easy. And it was...mostly. I have to admit that it took me some time to get the hang of it, but it finally stayed put. To achieve this look, take an elastic headband and put it around your head on top of your hair. Then take small sections, twist them and then wrap them around the band. Pull it through and keep going until all the hair is tucked away.

To my eye, it has kind-of a cool Roaring 20's vibe, but I don't think I would wear it to work. Maybe if I had a more subtle hair band. My friend Matt looked at it and asked, "Did you like take that off a curtain or something?" Nice, Matt. Nice.

I also tried out a vintage photo filter app today (it's not exactly intagram since I have yet to join that). It is called "Vintique" and it helps make your pictures look antique. Perfect time to try this out for my vintage hair-do!

1 comment:

  1. I am willing and able to reteach you the french braid. The first few times around call for bobby pins and good mirror action. Perhaps trying it on someone else will help you with the hand actions. Then once you see the bigger picture, you will be able to visualize doing it wherever you wish.

    ReplyDelete