Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 117- 4/28/11 Make "I Love You" Bags for Delia

Day 117: 4/28/11
New Thing: Make "I Love You Bags" for Delia
Inspiration: Tony P., Delia, travel         
Cost: $??
Time: A few minuets                  
Bottom Line: I am going to miss her and Ken SO much!

Each Day a Different Surprise!
Reflection: Today marks the beginning of a two week long trip for me. I will be in to Georgia today and tomorrow to read grants for the Fund for Theological Education (FTE), then I am headed to Kentucky for a few days to see Daddy-o, and then I'm off to North Carolina for a CREDO conference (more an all of these in subsequent posts).

As excited as I am, I also find it hard to leave Delia and Ken for such a long time. Happily, I received a really great parenting trick from Tony P. which was passed down to him from a wise parishioner: "I Love You" Bags. Simply, you take one paper lunch bag for each day you will be gone and put some small token of love in them as a treat until you return. Ken helped me out by getting a few final things this week for the bags and I finished them this morning. There are 13 all in a row and I think that she will be very pleased with them as they contain some of her favorite things (dresses, books, Goldfish crackers, hair ribbons, etc.).

OK- well, I am off to the airport! I am  taking my computer and am planning to post regularly. However, if there are some unavoidably lags between updates, rest assured that I am still out there doing new things daily and will return shortly! Prayers for my family and for safe travels would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment