New Thing: Watch Mary Poppins with Baby D. and Bike Bell
Inspiration: Al, Delia
Cost: $0
Time: A few hours
Bottom Line: Practically Perfect in Every Way.
Reflection: Today was great! I watched Mary Poppins with Delia for the first time and she loved it as much as I remember loving it as a child. Apparently, we are only watching movies that star Julie Andrews as a singing governess as of late. Delia and I have been singing ever since, much to Ken's chagrin.
I also had the pleasure of attaching a "Guardian Bell" to my bike. This lovely little bell was a gift from my friend Al Betts who has really supported me through this project. He sent this to me to put on my new bike last month, and I have been waiting for a beautiful day to attach it. According to Al, Guardian Bells are something that bikers give each other as tokens of friendship, and I was very touched to receive this one. The little paper that accompanied this bell contained the legend about evil road spirits which have been latching on to bikes and motorcycles as long as they have existed. These evil road spirits are responsible for mechanical problems and bad luck along a journey. By attaching a small bell to one's bike, the evil spirits will become trapped inside the bell where the constant ringing drives them insane, causing them to lose their grip and fall to the ground. The bell's power is intensified when it is bestowed to a friend. So, take that evil road spirits!! Thanks, Al!
Lenten Meditation-
Prayed for: JA & ST
Prayer Walk/Yoga- Outdoor time in Bethlehem
Journal Topic with Ken- We will be getting to this right after this post.
Music- Singing in church.
Fast- Vegetarian again today.
Daily Office- EP with prayer cards.


No comments:
Post a Comment