Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day Ninety-Five- 4/5/11 Plant a Kitchen Herb Garden

Day Ninety-Five: 4/5/11
New Thing: Plant a Kitchen Herb Garden         
Inspiration: Randall, The Spring Equinox        
Cost: $0 (Thanks to Randall!)
Time: About 30 minutes.              
Bottom Line: A fresh way to welcome spring.
 

Reflection: I just learned this year that it is an ancient practice to plant a Pascal herb garden around the spring equinox to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus as he broke from the "spiced tomb". In fact, the tradition pre-dates Christianity and is still practiced by the Wiccan community for Ostara. So, today I am putting together the wonderful container herb garden that was a gift from Randall in preparation for Easter. I have always wanted a window garden for the kitchen!

Lenten Meditation-   
Prayed for: AM
Prayer Walk/Yoga- Got wet!

Journal Topic with Ken- A journal exercise called, "Back Again."  
Music- A few hymns today during private prayer time.  
Fast- Better. 
Daily Office- NP with journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment