Friday, April 1, 2011

Day Ninety-One- 4/1/11 April Fool's Prank & "The Sound of Music"

Day Ninety-One: 4/1/11
New Thing: April Fool's Prank & The Sound of Music        
Inspiration: April Fool's Day, Delia      
Cost: $0
Time: A few hours.              
Bottom Line: No blue milk in this house!


Reflection: I know that it seems like my family would have been the sort that would be big "April Fool's Day" pranksters. Yet, I cannot really remember a single prank that was pulled in our house growing up. (If I am forgetting something, family, let me know.) So, today I decided to pull a prank on Delia--I was going to dye her milk a different color! HA!

Not D.'s drink of choice.
As she started eating, I was preparing her milk in the kitchen. It got off to a bad start when I asked her what her favorite color was in order to dye her milk that same color. She replied, "white." So, I then chose blue, and brought it out to her, and yelled, "APRIL FOOL'S!" She looked at it with a "what the heck is that" expression on her face and said, "I don't want that. Only white milk!!" Since then, she has taken to specifying white milk for her meals lest I bring her some other color again.

Later that day, we started watching one of my favorite movies from my childhood, The Sound of Music. Delia really enjoyed it ad has been singing her versions of the songs ever since. 

You can read about the prank that the internet played on me at our church's blog.


Lenten Meditation-  
Prayed for: DPW 

Prayer Walk/Yoga- Stretching after a 3 hour workout.
Journal Topic with Ken- Home with Ken day
Music- Sadly, I missed this today.   
Fast-Alright until diner time.
Daily Office- EP was very relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment