Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 105- 4/16/11 Make Delia a Set of Anglican Prayer Beads

Day 105: 4/16/11
New Thing: Make Delia a set of Anglican Prayer Beads
Inspiration: Delia, Easter           
Cost: $20 ish
Time: About an hour              
Bottom Line: Tangible prayers for little D.

A little something for Delia's Easter Basket.

Reflection: One of the ways of praying that has often been very centering for me has been to use Anglican Prayer Beads. I find it very helpful to hold something tangible while I pray since it gives my mind something else to do for a while and lets the Spirit take over. I have also seen children enjoy prayer beads since each strand is unique and special. So, I thought that I would make Delia a little set for her Easter Basket. I chose large beads to make it easier for her little hands to hold on to. They are also very colorful since she loves colors. For the cross, I chose a Celtic cross for our family heritage. Finally, I prayed over them and gave them a blessing for her. I can't wait to give them to her and help her use them!

Lenten Meditation-   
Prayed for: LF, MF, MF
Prayer Walk/Yoga- yoga tonight
Journal Topic with Ken- We will be doing an exercise called "Morning" 
Music- Piano   
Fast- So far, so good.   
Daily Office- NP with prayer beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment