Day 113: 4/24/11
New Thing: Easter Egg Cook-Out
Inspiration: Easter
Cost: ??
Time: A few hours
Bottom Line: Alleluia! Christ is Risen!
 |
| In her Easter finery |
Reflection: Before I being today's reflection, I would just like to take a moment to share how amazing the Easter Vigil was on Saturday night. Mo. Laura graciously offered to let me celebrate at the Vigil for my first time ever at this service and it was a true honor and joy. I am very grateful to her and to Rebecca and Little W. who were two of the awe inspiring baptisms we celebrated. The evening will keep my heart warm for a very long time. Here are some picture courtesy of Rebecca:
 |
| Lighting the Paschal Light |
|
|
 |
| Rebecca and Little W. |
Easter had its own share of wonderment! Before Delia woke up, I moved Jesus into the garden from the tomb for her to discover and laid out her new Easter outfit (see picture). Then after two awesome services and a liturgical nap, we all opened our Easter baskets! This is the first true basket I have ever made for Delia since she has been to little to really appreciate it until this year. I had alot to live up to because my Mother was the Queen of Easter Baskets! In it were the prayer beads I made her, some books, a play-mobile set from Ken, a child-size icon of Mary from Mo. Laura, some seeds, a super hero set (I'll let you guess who added those), candy, and lots of other neat stuff. Then we headed outside for our first ever Easter Egg hunt. Inside the eggs I placed symbols of Jesus' Passion Week leading up to the Resurrection (and candy). Once we found them all, we put the story in order and re-told the whole thing. Then Dad (yeah Dad was in town!!) grilled us up a yummy dinner christening our grill which we had never used until now. We topped it all off with an ice cream cake! Perfection! The Lord is risen indeed, Alleluia!
 |
| Awwww! |
Delia + Dad = awwwwwwww
ReplyDeletehow beautiful:)
ReplyDeletemy stomach is still doing flip flops from sat. night, and I am def. sad that it is over:(