Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 163: 6/13/11 Hairdo and Headbands

Day 163: 6/13/11
New Thing:
Hairdo and Headbands 
Inspiration: Connie, Delia
Cost: $0
Time: About 45 minuets                 
Bottom Line: She sure does love her fashion.

"I love this!
Reflection: You may remember when I made Delia an Easter Bonnet Headband earlier in the year as a homage to my mother. Today we took that experiment to another level thanks to a headband making kit that Nana Connie brought Delia last night. Delia was delighted when she reviewed this package which comes with many ribbons, sequence, and headband choices to create your very own as well as a "styling guide" for the perfect hairdo to accompany your newly created accessory. Since Delia is every bit the girly-girl that I was not growing up, she could not have been happier. You can see the final product above, but here were the steps we took to get there:

1. We chose all the different supplies that she wanted to use.

2. Artfully glued it all on together.

3. Created the hairdo of her choosing: the classic "side ponytail"

Ta-da!

1 comment: