Day 178: 6/28/11
New Thing: Start a Mix-Tape Chain
Inspiration: This Blog
Cost: $?
Time: About an hour
Bottom Line: Get ready to rock- sliver style!
Reflection: Remember mix-tapes? I used to LOVE them! In high school, I didn't have a cd player in my car so friends used to take pity on me and make me mixed tapes to play on my tape deck. Seriously, these tapes were some of my favorite gifts ever and I kept them for years. Now, in the age of MP3 players, we don't take the time to compile lists of songs to gift people in the same way we used to. So, have taken the suggestion of the website listed above and am starting a mix-tape chain letter...only I am using cd's since no one has tape players anymore. The sentiment remains the same.
A chain letter works just like your basic pyramid scheme. I will send this CD to 5 people. Each one of these 5 people will send me a CD of their own making as well as to 5 other people. Those 5 people will do the same and so on. In the end, I should have like a million mix cd's.
For my list, I have chosen a list of songs that got me through my recent 10k race (some of which were suggestions form loved ones, friends, and Kara)--which I finished with silver metal results. It is called "Second to One" and will come complete with cover art for the 5 lucky enough to receive this delighted for the ears. It is "scientifically" designed to help get you over the finish line. The hardest part will be deciding who will receive these!

No comments:
Post a Comment