Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 172: 6/22/11 Make Indian Food in a Crock-Pot

Day 172: 6/22/11
New Thing:
Make Indian Food in a Crock-Pot  
Inspiration: Sarah Tax, The Indian Slow Cooker
Cost: $0 (Thank you, Sarah!)
Time: About 15 mins. of prep time and 7 hours to cook                  
Bottom Line: Slow Cooked to Perfection!


Reflection:  A few months ago, the charming Ms. Sarah Tax introduced me to the concept of making Indian food in a crock-pot. First, I was intrigued. Then, I was delighted when she gifted me a copy of the book The Indian Slow Cooker: 50 Healthy, Easy, Authentic Recipes by Anupy Singla for me to experiment on my own. Finally, I was happily full with a delicious meal crafted from one of these recipes. I am already a devote of the crock-pot and Indian food separately, so this was a perfect fit for me to try out. I made Butter Chicken which I had never had before. It was delicious, nutritious (minus the butter) and very filling. However, it may have been even better if I had used a whole stick of butter (instead of the 1/2 I used) and the cream that the recipe called for, but that's just to fatty for me. It was still really really good! Thanks, Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment