Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 175: 6/25/11- Facials, Valley Forge, Peanut Pretzel Pie & More!

Day 175: 6/25/11
New Thing:
Facials, Valley Forge, Peanut Pretzel Pie & More! 
Inspiration: Sarah Tax, Connie
Cost: $40 + tip
Time: All Day               
Bottom Line: An Awesome Day with Friends and Family!
 
Having a blast!
Reflection: Today was another great day filled with friends, family and fun. Sarah Tax and I started out by having full facials at a fantastic all natural spa called "True Skin." I have never had a facial before since I have always thought that it was out of my price range. But Sarah found an amazing deal online and I am so glad that she did. It was truly great and I felt so relaxed afterward and the staff was wonderful. I fully recommend them. Here is the description of the service from their web-site:

We use an organic line that is hypo-allergenic, anti-inflammatory, safe and effective.  We are able to customize all of our facials to give you outstanding results. This is an extensive, 60-minute facial, custom-made with your skin in mind.  Cleansing, toning, exfoliating, anaylsis of skin, massage, mask, steaming and extraction are all included.  Guaranteed to leave your skin refreshed and rejuvenated. This service also included a Bio-roller treatment. FDA-approved skin care device allows products to penetrate deeper and improves skin elasticity and texture by promoting collagen formation.  Visible results after one treatment.  Excellent for all skin types.

  

After the facials, we headed out for ice cream. I tried another new thing with limeade water-ice and gelato. Deliciousness!  Delia had fun on the little marry-go-round that was toddler size there. 


After that we headed over to Sarah's sweet house (also a first) for a delicious meal prepared by Ms. Tax herself (thanks again, Sarah!). From there, we all headed over to Valley Forge National Historical Park to have a little fun with history. 

Delia was really into this spring-house.
From there we parted ways with Sarah and headed over to the Peanut Bar in Reading to celebrate Connie's birthday. Not only was this my first time at the Reading institution (known for serving peanuts and encouraging you to throw the shells on the ground) but it was also the first time I have ever had peanut butter chocolate pretzel pie. Their version is award winning, and I can absolutely see why. We were exhausted by the time we got home, but we had a great day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment