Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 169: 6/19/11 The Dedication of St. Peter's New Church

Day 169: 6/19/11
New Thing:
The Dedication of St. Peter's New Church 
Inspiration: St. Peter's Episcopal Church
Cost: $0
Time: An Afternoon                 
Bottom Line: Really exciting new start for this great congregation!


Reflection: Today was an great ending to a really memorable weekend back to the homelands. I was blessed to serve as one of the Diocesan MC's for the dedication of St. Peter's new building.  St. Peter's was the congregation that raised me in my young spiritual life. However they suffered a major flood several years ago in 2004 that destroyed the church building. Since then they have faithfully been worshiping in a strip mall until the time they could rebuild. While there they truly did some unique things to keep the Spirit moving and I have been so impressed with their creativity and ingenuity. Here is a video about the construction. I remember crying bitterly over the pictures of the old church completely submerged and felt as though a piece of my childhood was gone.


Now that the new building is up, it was time to dedicate it to the service of God. It was a beautiful service which included a baptism and I was truly moved by it all. I will never forget how wonderful it was to be with this congregation and my family again as we celebrated this new life. Many prayers were answered today.

No comments:

Post a Comment