Day 135: 5/16/11
New Thing: Mo. Laura's Sabbatical and a 'Farewell' to our Organ
Inspiration: Mo. Laura & Our Aeolian-Skinner
Cost: $0
Time: Day One of Three Months
Bottom Line: And here we go.....
Reflection: Today makes the first day of Mo. Laura's sabbatical meaning that I will be acting as Priest in Charge for the next three months. God help us all! Yes, I am a little nervous, but the good news is that she has left things in wonderful order and has been an even better teacher. Trinity is also filled with gracious people who are ready to step up to help fill the large gap she will leave for the next three months. So, I am hopeful that the church will still be in one piece when she comes back.
However, to be honest, it is actually in several piece already! Today we also said "good-bye" to our charming Aeolian-Skinner pipe organ which will also be on sabbatical for about the same amount of time. It has not had any major repairs in 60 years and it will be coming back to us better than new. I spent an hour with them in the church today watching them take apart pews and wheeling out the main console. I will miss it during the summer, but am excited for the way it will return.


You will do an absolutely wonderful job! I have complete confidence. Although Ken and Delia may be putting out a contract on me....
ReplyDelete