Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 122-5/3/11 CREDO Day 2, New Run & Reuben Sandwhich

Day 122: 5/3/11
New Thing:
CREDO Day 2, New Run, and Reuben Sandwich 
Inspiration: CREDO     
Cost: $0
Time: All Day                   
Bottom Line: Trying to set a new pace

This is the CREDO Logo and was Our First Area of Exploration
I know where the world's loudest Whippoorwill lives.
Reflection: Today is the second day of CREDO. Before I actually tell you anything deep or interesting I feel I need to note the way the day started. At 5:40am the world's loudest Whip-poor-will decided to grand-stand outside my window. Honestly, I have spend most of my life in the country and have hiked and camped extensively. Yet, I have NEVER heard a bird this loud. I am pretty sure it had a megaphone of some kind. It woke me out of a dead sleep and sounded like it was on the pillow next to me. Thankfully, I was planning to get up at 5:50 anyway, but I can only hope that he has made whatever point he needed to make and have moved on for tomorrow.

I got up and went for a 5 mile run on the beautiful back roads here at Lake Logan Camp. I watched the sun rise over the waters and--when I wasn't huffing-and-puffing over the hills--felt very serene. I was even more charitable to that blasted Whip-poor-will. I finished up with some yoga stretching on an inlet by the lake.
The different modes of exploration

After a nice breakfast (the people and food here are incredible!) and Morning Prayer, we began our first session which was on Spirituality. It was a good introdction to some of the ways which we might incorporate different modes of spiritual disciplines into our life and giving honor to those which have already sustained us.

So good!
At lunch, I was able to try another new thing of the day--A Reuben Sandwich. I am a great lover of the sandwich and I dare say that there are few classic varieties which I have not yet tried. But I have always been suspect of Rubens because I do not like sauerkraut. I am happy to say that I had nothing to fear--it was delicious. I had the corned beef variety and was well pleased.

After lunch and another plenary session, we broke up into our small groups for the first time. From what I gather, they will be like our family this week as we converse over our discernment. We each told our very detailed spiritual biography as our first step in looking at the question: "Who are you?" which is today's theme. As always, hearing someone's faith journey is powerful and enlightening and I am grateful for the sacred stories which we all shared.

At the moment, I am pretty exhausted, but excited about the opportunities that this week has. I am thinking that Holy Week, Easter, traveling, and really missing Ken and Delia have finally caught up with me as well as doing some pretty open sharing. It has been years since I had to detail every step of my life and it always takes it out of me. On my Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, I fall EXACTLY on the Introvert/Extrovert line and that has been true now matter how many times I have taken the test. So, I think I have just used up my extrovert reserves for this part of the day. No doubt, I will rebound soon--especially if that Whippoorwill leaves me alone and I get another Reuben post-haste! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy day! Can I send you and Karatos? (Sp?) Do you have a snail mail there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best, sweetest sis ever! I can't get anything here (we are to remote) but I wouldn't hate a little something-something later ;). Honestly, just prayers for wisdom would be the best thing. Thank you so so much!!

    Love,
    Da Big One!

    ReplyDelete