New Thing: Make Crock Pot Oats for the Morning
Inspiration: Sarah Tax!
Cost: $0
Time: 5 mins of prep time, 8 hours of cooking
Bottom Line: This is a great way to start the day.
![]() |
| Thanks to Sarah and "The Needle and the Damage Done" |
Reflection: I purposely waited to write this post until now because yesterday's new thing wasn't enjoyed until this morning. Several months ago, my dear friend, Sarah Tax, set me this link to a great blog called "The Needle and the Damage Done" which had a good recipe for crock-pot oat meal. I put this all together last night using some organic oats I got at the King's Herb Mennonite Farm, and let it get nice and toasty in the crock-pot for the morning. It was a perfect start to the day and was delicious with a little maple syrup and butter. It was so tasty and easy I might make this once a week. Having a hot breakfast is something very rare for us and Ken and I took full advantage of this--even if Delia refused to try it.

No comments:
Post a Comment