Day 138: 5/19/11
New Thing: Listen to a Hip-Hop Easter Meditation
Inspiration: DJARM18, Easter
Cost: $0
Time: About 18 minuets
Bottom Line: Another awesome theological mix--the Re-up Gospel.
 |
| Word. |
Reflection: You may remember in March (can you believe it was that long ago?!) I used a
hip-hop mix created by my good friend DJARM 18 to meditate on Lenten themes. Well, he has done it again--and this time he has created a "Re-up Gospel." He describes this mix as, "four hip hop songs loosely organized to parallel the story of Holy Week: first, the people's rejection of the Son of Man, Judas' betrayal, the faithful keeping vigil and the ultimate resurrection of Jesus Christ." Since I have been traveling so much, I have missed this until now, but luckily we are still in the Easter season so these themes are still on our minds. I think that he has outdone himself this time and this mix really did help to reinterpret these themes in a very modern and yet universal way. Thanks, Andrew!
You can find the link
here. Although this is a "cleaned" version, I will mention that there are still adult themes involved.
great picture and thanks for listening!
ReplyDelete