New Thing:
Inspiration: Friends
Cost: $20
Time: About 2 hours
Bottom Line: Surprising disappointed.
Reflection: I know what you are thinking: 2 movies in one month! It is really rare for us!
Today, I had the fun of presiding at a wedding of a very nice couple. (Congratulations, Ben and Justine!) Since Ken and I were invited to the reception afterward, we thought it might be nice to have Delia visit Nana Connie and Grandpa Randal for the night.
Well, the wedding and the reception went off without a hitch and since the Rapture never happened, Ken and I decided to take this opportunity to go out on a date. We had been hearing alot of good things about the comedy "Brides Maids" and headed over to the movies.
Well, I am sad to say, that I have to respectfully disagree with my friends who love this film. About 20 minuets into it, I could tell that this was not going to work. The jokes felt incredibly stale, the plot woefully formulaic, and the humor seemed to go for the lowest common denominator. I think the things that had me most disappointed was the fact that it could have been better and it could have been a very strong female comedy cast which is a rare thing. I would not recommend spending the money to go see this in the theaters despite the hipe.
However, it did let Ken and I engage in one of our favorite activities--"Why this (thing/product/movie/artiest/philosophy/etc.) was not very good and how it could have been better." We do so love correcting the world. ;) Also, I had some very lovely sorbet. So, it's all good!

No comments:
Post a Comment