Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 142: 5/23/11- Set up a Hummingbird Feeder

Day 142: 5/23/11
New Thing:
Set up a Hummingbird Feeder 
Inspiration: Bruce M. (Thank you!!)
Cost: $0
Time: About 15 mins.                
Bottom Line: I am so looking forward to seeing these little guys!

Come and get it!
Reflection: A few days ago, I received a knock on my office door and was delighted to find Bruce M. on the other side bearing a present for this endeavor. It was a hummingbird feeder! I was thrilled because we used to have one of these when I was growing up and I was always fascinated by these little winged wonders (indeed, they are my second favorite bird.). We have had rain for over a week now, but I couldn't wait any longer to put this up. So, when we had a break in the clouds today, Delia and I mixed up a little sugar water and hung up our new feeder in our back yard garden where it is sure to attract some hummingbirds and butterflies.  Thank you so much, Bruce!

No comments:

Post a Comment