Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 220: 8/9/11- Hot Yoga Class

Day 220: 8/9/11
New Thing:
Hot Yoga Class 
Inspiration: Lehigh Valley Yoga
Cost: $5
Time: About 90 minuets                               
Bottom Line: So very sweaty.


Reflection: Tonight I tried a new yoga class called "Hot Yoga." Here is the description:

Hot Yoga is a series of yoga poses done in a heated room. The room is usually maintained at a temperature of 105+ degrees. As you can imagine, a vigorous yoga session at this temperature promotes profuse sweating and makes the body very warm, and therefore more flexible.  It helps the body eliminate toxins, builds strength and endurance and leave you feeling light and peaceful.

I can honestly say that I have never been so sweaty while doing yoga in my life and I really did feel much more flexible and amazing cooler by the end of it. I was able to make some progress with my breathing and moving passed just focusing on the discomfort of the heat and strain of the poses. The final meditation time at the end was very peaceful. All-in-all, I had a great time and would definitely try this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment