Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 224: 8/13/11- Celebrate Left Handers Day

Day 224: 8/13/11
New Thing:
Celebrate Left Handers Day 
Inspiration: International Left Handers Day
Cost: $0
Time: All day                                
Bottom Line: Sinister.


Reflection: Today is International Left Handers Day! Here is the website devoted to this celebration. Since I am right handed, I decided today to use my left hand for all the things I would normally use my dominant hand for. There were lots of difficult things about this experiment but the hardest part was remembering to use my other hand! So much of what we do every day is just muscle memory and it was incredibly difficult to try and break myself of life-long habits. I hope I never do anything detrimental to my right hand because I was completely hopeless using my left hand for writing and eating was only slightly better. Even drying my hair was much harder.  It was eyeopening and I can really see how the world is designed to unfairly favor the right handed. I hope that all of my left handed friends enjoy today!


No comments:

Post a Comment