Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 222: 8/11/11- Learn How To Say My Name in Gaelic

Day 222: 8/11/11
New Thing:
Learn How To Say My Name in Gaelic 
Inspiration: My Aunt Robin who is fluent in Gaelic (so cool!)
Cost: $0
Time: A few minuets (thank you Internet!)                                
Bottom Line: Know I'll know how to introduce myself in Gaelic speaking Ireland.


Reflection: As you may know, I am part Irish. So, today I decided to honor my heritage and learn how to say my name in the native language of Ireland, Gaelic. Here it is thanks to this website:

Eláir  Fearthainn
(basically- Hillary Rain)
Hillary, Hilary, Ilario, Ilaria, Hilario
Hillary et. al. all come from the Latin name Hilarius, which means "cheerful." In Irish, this name was rendered Eláir /el AHR/.




Fast Update: It is still going really well. I found myself desiring more prayer time today in a way that I haven't in a very long time. It was so refreshing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment