Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 231: 8/20/11- Toddler Sling and Visit from the Millers

Day 231: 8/20/11
New Thing:
Toddler Sling and Visit from the Millers    
Inspiration: Lesley and Calder
Cost: $0
Time: 15 minuets for the walk and several hours for the visit.                                   
Bottom Line: Yeah, Miller Family!

Babies on Board. 
Reflection: Today we had the distinct pleasure of entertaining Dave, Lesley and Calder Miller! We love these guys and never get to see them enough. On top of the great time we had with them, Lesley also showed me how to turn my baby wrap into a toddler sling. Delia loved it and did not want to get out. I think I need to play with it a little more to make sure her seat is really secure, but it was fun. We love you, Millers!!

Update: The wonderful Lesley has come through again by sending me these videos which help to demonstrate how to achieve this. 

Step One: 


Step Two: 

3 comments:

  1. that's awesome! What kind of wrap do you have? Wesley spent most of his early days in a Moby, and we switched to a Girasol woven wrap when he got a bit heavier. I was never so great at back wrapping, but I have a friend who is a PRO! I recommend the ERGO carrier for those of us who aren't such masters at back wrapping....it's approved for up to 85 lbs!!!! Imagine that! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Could you demonstrate how? I have a ring sling and a pocket sling; I know both can be used on the back for toddlers, but don't know how Wylie would feel about it... want to make sure she's secure, and I'm better at understanding things if I see it demonstrated for me vs. following the steps in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this take on the Maya wrap!! Everyone here in Guatemala (Mayan territory, of course) carries their babies and toddlers on their backs. It's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete