Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 236: 8/25/11- Celebrate National Win with Civility Month

Day 236: 8/25/11
New Thing:
Celebrate National Win with Civility Month   
Inspiration: National Win with Civility Month   
Cost: $0
Time: All Day                                    
Bottom Line: Be nice and keep you elbows off the table!



Reflection: August is National Win with Civility Month. I decided to dedicate today to being especially civil to everyone I came in contact remembering that true civility goes beyond fine manners into the realm of ethics, citizenship, and honoring one's fellow man. I was a proper lady all day and would have even worn white gloves if I had had them. This attitude was tested, however, when Ken, Deila and I ventured into a new-to-us part of Allentown for her Montessori Orientation (another new first of the day) and promptly got lost. There where times when I wanted to be really uncivil to the other drivers, to the other members of my family, and even to myself. And, indeed, I did fail at times to maintain that proper lady like quality (Ken can certainly attest to that, I am afraid). But, then I was able to come back to the good graces of being civil things went much smoother.

I also used today as an opportunity to help Delia learn how to properly set a table (unlike our normal style of just putting random things at people's places. I used this place mat found here to help her lean the proper placement of the dinner things. Good day to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment