Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 214: 8/3/11-Celebrate "Happiness Happens Month"

Day 214: 8/3/11
New Thing:
Celebrate "Happiness Happens Month" 
Inspiration: www.sohp.com
Cost: $0
Time: All Day                           
Bottom Line: I feel a little like Pollyanna, but happy, none-the-less.



Reflection: Did you know that August is "Happiness Happens Month?" I didn't either until I was looking up August holidays for this month's 365 Alive preparation. So, I celebrated it today by wearing sliver jewelry (to help inspire finding the "sliver lining" in all things) and by keeping track of all of the moments that happiness happened today. Now, as I said above, this may seem a little Pollyanna-ish, but I do believe that this kind of thinking--this hunt for happiness, if you will--does lead to a change of attitude.  So, I did just that today. I took my list and compared it to the "Happy Moment Inventory" from www.sohp.com to see how happy my day was.



Place a mark by each happy moment you experience in a day, week, or month.
Date(s): _______8-2-11______________________

AmazedX I was amazed by how cool it was today compared to earlier this week.
AmusedX Watching Delia play on her sit-and-spin
AnticipationX I have been anticipating 7:00pm (the time I can break my fast) all day to the point that it is actually funny now. Ken and I have joked about it.
BorrowedX Today when I was feeling tiered I looked on Facebook and saw some really positive updates on two friends!
CelebrateX Celebrating Happiness
CheerfulX My whole family has been really cheerful all day (even in the morning when we are all normally a little short on time and patience) which rubs off on me.
CompassionX I was a little lost today and someone gave me really great directions and also gave me a really sincere "Have a sweet day!"
ContentX I can honestly say that (despite the hunger from the fast) I have felt very content all day.
Delight X This morning I got to snuggle with Ken and Delia!
EnthusiasticX When I was thinking about this fall and the class I am going to be taking, I felt really enthused!
Exuberantnot so much
FunX Delia and I shared jokes after work for a while.
GiveX I was able to give someone the benefit of the doubt today and it turns our they were actually trying to be helpful. I was glad I didn't bit their head off.
GladX I was really glad then I got to the end of my e-mail inbox.
GratitudeX All day!
HopefulX I am actually feeling hopeful that I might actually finish this fast which will be a first.
HumorX Sharing jokes with Ken.
InspirationX I read a really good devotional today which gave me an idea for a sermon.
JoyX Watching Delia dance.
LoveX Family!
NostalgicX I heard a bird today that made me remember the way summers felt as a child.
OptimisticX Yes!
PeaceX I am actually enjoying a little peace and quiet right now.
Playnot really, though now I think I am going to change that! I did have a nice walk with Ken earlier.
Reliefnot yet, but I am sure that will come at 7:00
SatisfactionX Getting a few important things off of my "to-do-list" and finally getting my cassock tailored.
SpiritualX Yes
Spontaneous nope
SurpriseX organic veggies at the Soup Kitchen!
SweetX Again, cuddle time.
Vivaciousnot to much.
TOTAL27/31 Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment