Day 233: 8/22/11
New Thing: Make Fresh Mint Extract
Inspiration: Marcie New Thing: Make Fresh Mint Extract
Cost: $0
Time: About 10 minuets
Bottom Line: Smells great!
Reflection: Fresh mint has always been a summer time staple in my family. I can remember being sent out to the garden on balmy summer mornings to pick some mint for my mother's famous sun tea. So, when my friend and co-worker Marcie brought me in some of her own homemade mint extract, I knew that I had finally found a way to bottle that summer time taste. She was kind enough to give me the recipe the other day and I went right out to my garden this morning to pick a ton of mint. Her directions worked like a charm and I now have a nice jar of this concoction sitting in my fridge just waiting for a new batch of tea! Thanks, Marcie!

No comments:
Post a Comment