Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 215: 8/4/11- Delia's First School Play and Celebrate "National Panini Month"

Day 215: 8/4/11
New Thing:
Delia's First School Play and Celebrate "National Panini Month" 
Inspiration: Delia, National Panini Month
Cost: $10 for the supplies
Time: Several Hours                           
Bottom Line: She was almost a star. Almost.


Reflection: Today was to be Delia's dramatic debut into the realm of the theater. Her Montessori summer camp was going to put on a play that the older kids had written and directed and my plan for today's new things was to watch her preform in this feat of theatrics. However, the moment I walked into the room, she started crying and wanted to be held. So, she sat on my lap while the other children put on the play--the show must go on. Such a little diva! ;)


We also celebrated "National Panini Month" today for the first time. I made Ken and Delia ham, turkey and mozzarella pressed sandwich which I had to wait until 7pm to sample. Speaking of the fast, today is day three and it is going well. I am glad that I am doing this, though I need to be more diligent in carving out space for prayer. The hardest time come around 5-7 when I am hungry and ready to start winding down the day with the family dinner. Does anyone out there in cyber space fast regularly? I would love to hear about your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment