Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day Eighteen- 1/18/11 Cook a new Recipe: Coconut Chicken and Vegetable Curry


Day Eighteen: 1/18/11
New Thing:  Cook a new Recipe: Coconut Chicken and Vegetable Curry
Inspiration: Six O’Clock Scramble
Cost: I would estimate about $5.50 per serving
Time: About 45 mins.
Bottom Line: Really Yummy!
ok- so this is not actually my final product, but I assure that it tasted as good as this looks.

Reflection: Thanks to one of the greatest people of all times, Sarah Tax, I have been a subscriber to the Six O’clock Scramble for a year now. They give you new menus plans every week with side dishes and nutritional information included. They also keep each meal to a minimum of a half hour prep. time as well as always sorting things by allergies and food restrictions. However, my favorite part is the customizable shopping lists. Love it!

            So, today I tried their Coconut Chicken and Vegetable Curry recipe which turned out very well, even if Delia refused to eat it. This has always been my favorite meal to get at a Thai restaurant, and though I would not say that this was quiet as good as dining out, I am still very full and content.

            Any suggestions for ways to use the left over coconut milk?

2 comments:

  1. mmmm...love curry dishes....I usually make rice pudding with my leftover coconut milk...just add it to some basmati rice, sugar, vanilla....it's pretty tasty:)

    ReplyDelete