New Thing: Personal Training with Amy
Inspiration: Hitting an Exercise Plateau
Cost: $50
Time: One very long hour
Bottom Line: I just know that I am going to be sore in the morning.
![]() | |||
| Don't let the picture fool you; Amy never let me touch the 5lbs weights. |
One of the reasons that I like taking exercises classes or working with a trainer has to do with the discipline of following. As someone who is in a leadership position, I find that it is important to have opportunities to be lead. It serves as a reminder to not take myself to seriously. It also lets me really get into an exercise if I know that someone else is taking care of all the little details like timing and repetitions and that they will help me with form. I have learned a lot about leadership styles and techniques by being lead and it leads to being a more effective leader. And truly great leaders can tell when I need to be pushed or when I need to be told to cut back. Ultimately, this discipline helps me remember that as a Christian, my first goal is to be a follower of Jesus and everything else will follow His lead. If I try to lead myself, I fall off the path--or pull a muscle.

good luck--the first 2 weeks are the hardest, in my opinion!!!!!!!!! you go!!!!
ReplyDelete