Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day Eleven- 1/11/11 Random Note for a Stranger


Day Eleven: 1/11/11
New Thing: Leave a nice note somewhere for a stranger
Inspiration: In the New-Jen MacNeil (A great blog with lots of great ideas from someone who already did this project.)
Cost: Free
Time: About 5 minutes to write the note, another 5 minutes to find a good place to leave it.
Bottom Line: I hope this makes someone’s day.

Reflection: This was a very simple little new thing, but it felt really wonderful. Today, I wrote a letter to someone randomly and left it in the Bethlehem Library. At first I was going to leave it on a bench, but decided against that with the snow. It was just a little card that read,
“Dear Child of God,
Although I do not know you, it is my hope and prayer that this day will bring you peace and joy. May the peace of God which passes all understanding be with you.”

Along with the card, I said a prayer for this person whom I will likely never meet. I hope it made their day as much as it did mine.

1 comment: