Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day Twenty Nine- 1/29/11 Silpada Party!

Day Twenty Nine: 1/29/11
New Thing: Co-Hosting a Silpada Party! 
Inspiration: Ali and Anne
Cost: $??? (Not sure about party supplies)
Time: About 5 hours + cleaning time
Bottom Line: I had such a blast hanging out with great people and wearing/trying on awesome jewelry.

My little sister, the Magpie.      


The Party Planning Crew and Baby D.
 Reflection: Today was a definite first for me--I co-hosted a Silpada party with Anne K.! A Silpada party brings great sterling silver jewelery into your home so that people can try on pieces and order any that they like. The beauty is that there is never any sales pitch or presentation, just a wonderful representative to answer all your questions (Carole is our rep. and she is really great!). This really sold me on the idea because I do not like to go to those parties where you feel obligated to buy something. At the end of the party, the host gets a percentage of the sales to put towards their own jewelery purchase. The hardest part it narrowing down what you want!


The first time I ever heard of Silpada was when my sister Ali--ever the trendsetter--had one at her house and invited me. I went and was so impressed with the product and with Carole that I decided to have one myself. I will also admit that I always really liked the pieces that Ali got at her party and was just ever so slightly envious when she would wear them.

So a few months later I was talking to the wonderful Anne K. who said that she had had a few of these parties a few years back and was thinking of doing another one. "We should do it together!," I said and was very happy that she agreed which brought us to today. The party was great and I really appreciate everyone who came. Thanks everyone!! You all made my day, and I hope you had as much fun as I did!

(ps- It's not to late to order something;)

No comments:

Post a Comment